Facebook page Fuqua Law Firm PC
Twitter page Fuqua Law Firm PC

DISCLAIMER: Providing the above information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. To create such a relationship, both the attorney and potential client must sign a written fee agreement. The information contained herein is meant only as general information and is not meant to be relied upon for the purpose of taking legal action. you should contact an attorney in person for further and specific information.

Barbara L Fuqua of Fuqua Law Firm P.C., is licensed in Arizona only.

If you have questions about CONTEMPT MATTERS, or if you would like to discuss your situation with an experienced family law attorney, please contact attorney, Barbara L. Fuqua, today.


When a person violates a court Order, that person can be found in contempt of court. There are different types of contempt that are common in family law, such as a violation of a Child Support Order for not paying child support or the correct amount of child support, or a violation of a Parenting Time Order for withholding the child/ren during the other party's parenting time, or a violation of a Joint Legal Decision-Making Order for changing the child/ren's school without the other party's knowledge or consent.

These are just some examples of the various reasons contempt matters are filed with the Court. The outcome of each case can vary depending on the particular circumstances in that case. It is always best to speak to an attorney to know how to proceed when the other party fails to follow the current Order.